Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Shucks...I'm embarrassed!


I have been visiting the vet quite a bit in the last few weeks, after my mom and dad noticed that I was drinking and using the litter box a lot. After some tests, they determined that my glucose and bilirubin levels were quite high and did some more testing. After a liver cell biopsy (see my beautiful shaved pink belly?), they have determined that I have Hepatic Lipidosis (fatty liver disease) and diabetes, both of which can be treated. Though my levels have actually decreased over time, I still have to take a NASTY goopy antibiotic, a liver-protection pill, and insulin. My doctor hopes that my liver will recover and that my diabetes will revert to normal levels without insulin. Though my appetite waned for a few days, it is back as voracious as ever, and I am currently as active as usual. Your prayers for my conditions are much appreciated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home